[Rhodes22-list] Boat Show?

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Sep 22 13:35:11 EDT 2015

Hello dear Rhodies -- My name is Steve Alm ("Slim") and I live in
Minneapolis, MN and also in Menomonie, WI. I was an active list user for
quite a few years back before many of us migrated to Facebook. I've had my
R22 for about 17 years and it needs some attention. The centerboard control
line is getting frayed where it always meets the cleat when all the way up
so I want to replace it before it breaks and I'd have no way to raise it. I
guess then I'd have a fixed keel boat, No?

I've emailed Stan for a trunk gasket and possibly the line itself. I don't
know exactly what kind of line this is. It's stiffer than the stuff I see
at West Marine so I don't really know what to ask for, or if it's even
critical.

Have any of y'all ever done this? I'd love some advice or tips on the
procedure. For instance, when you put all the trunk screws back in, do you
need to use a torque wrench to get them all the same? Gasket sealer
brand/type?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Slim
SV Fandango