[Rhodes22-list] Boat Show?

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed Sep 23 13:53:01 EDT 2015

I'm going to let others answer this but caution
that it may depend on the arrangement of the
blocks (if any.) Ours is a straight drop - no blocks.

Another bit of advice is to leave quite a bit
more than you think you need as it is always easy
to trim after you've moved the cb up and down a few times to test it out.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD

At 01:20 PM 9/23/2015, you wrote:
> [...]
>it gets cleated would be a good idea so long as
>it doesn't bulk up > the line too much to slide
>through the hole. While I have the line out I >
>might drill that hole just a little bigger. I
>never want to do this job > again so an
>anti-chafe whip came to mind. > > I started in
>on it today and took off the breaker panel, the
>big board that > serves as the companionway
>step, settee and hinged passageway (all one >
>piece), the step support and the floor board
>around the trunk. I counted 56 > bolts around
>the trunk! They're ss phillips heads (many
>stripped out heads > at that -- don't know why
>they'd be stripped -- how many times has the >
>trunk been removed?) with washers and lock nuts.
>It's a royal PITA removing > even the bolts with
>the good heads to say nothing of the stripped
>ones! I > got about half of them off and quit
>for the day. > > This may take a while but there
>should be plenty of good weather left in > the
>season to work on it before it gets too cold so
>no need to rush through > it. [grin] I'll try to
>get some photos and keep you posted. > > Thanks
>again everybody! > > -Slim > > On Tue, Sep 22,
>2015 at 3:17 PM, The Rhodes 22 Email List < >
>rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> wrote: > >> Slim:
>Use high quality yacht braid.  It will last
>longer than other line >> in a cam cleat. >> The
>gasket is neoprene and doesnt need a sealant.
>Just clean the surfaces >> really well. >> If
>your cap is put on with screws, most recommend
>changing to ss bolts and >> nylock ss
>nuts. >> >> Bob (palatka) >> >>>> On Sep 22,
>2015, at 1:35 PM, The Rhodes 22 Email List < >>>
>rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> wrote: >>> >>> Hello
>dear Rhodies -- My name is Steve Alm ("Slim")
>and I live in >>> Minneapolis, MN and also in
>Menomonie, WI. I was an active list user for >>>
>quite a few years back before many of us
>migrated to Facebook. I've had >> my >>> R22 for
>about 17 years and it needs some attention. The
>centerboard >> control >>> line is getting
>frayed where it always meets the cleat when all
>the way >> up >>> so I want to replace it before
>it breaks and I'd have no way to raise >> it.
>I >>> guess then I'd have a fixed keel boat,
>No? >>> >>> I've emailed Stan for a trunk gasket
>and possibly the line itself. I >> don't >>>
>know exactly what kind of line this is. It's
>stiffer than the stuff I see >>> at West Marine
>so I don't really know what to ask for, or if
>it's even >>> critical. >>> >>> Have any of
>y'all ever done this? I'd love some advice or
>tips on the >>> procedure. For instance, when
>you put all the trunk screws back in, do >>
>you >>> need to use a torque wrench to get them
>all the same? Gasket sealer >>>
>brand/type? >>> >>> Thanks in advance for any
>suggestions. >>> Slim >>> SV Fandango >>> >>>>
>On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 12:10 PM, Rod Ellner
><rodellner at icloud.com> >> wrote: >>>> >>>> Hi
>List! >>>> >>>> This is from Mary (Rod’s
>wife).   I am sending this, as Slim (Steven >>

.and he has
>been “off da list”” for awhile

(and >>>>