[Rhodes22-list] Password required for attachment access?

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Apr 12 22:40:41 EDT 2016

Testing

Mike

From: The Rhodes 22 Email List
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 4:59 PM
To: 'The Rhodes 22 Email List'
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Password required for attachment access?

John,

Thanks!  I'll look tonight.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass  ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY

-----Original Message-----
From: Rhodes22-list [mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of
The Rhodes 22 Email List
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 4:45 PM
To: The Rhodes 22 Email List

Hi folks,

It appears that the Mailman software is requiring a login for viewing
non-public attachments.  This will set a cookie in your browser and you
won't have to login again until you quit your browser.

However, it might be more useful to just make attachments public, so no
prompting happens at all.  I don't know of a reason they should be private,
must be some kind of setting in the list software.

Mike: look for "Is archive file source for public or private archival?"
I think it's set to Private.  If you change it to Public, the login prompt
will go away.

--
Cheers!
John Lock

On 2016-04-12 16:19, The Rhodes 22 Email List wrote:
> Mike,
> I did as Marlan suggested and got in fine too.  Guess somehow the password
prompt got turned on.  I enabled remember password so I expect I am good to
go from here on out.