[Rhodes22-list] Swing keel help

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed Apr 13 16:43:50 EDT 2016

Dear Centerboardless on the water, (Don't know your name (the list doesn't
give one unless you sign your post),

Go out there and sail the boat, with or without a centerboard.   If the
boat is in the water now and isn't leaking and all the other systems are
OK.  (most are pretty simple) take it out for a spin.  It will sail great
downwind and not too bad upwind.  I've sailed lots of miles with a stuck
centerboard and had a great time.   Check the rigging, rudder and running
rigging.  You will have a standard main and not sure of your jib, just
check to see they are OK and ready to go.  Motor?  PFD's etc.?  Anchor and
line?  Cold Beer?  OK you are ready.   Make the centerboard another day.
The list contains lots of pictures of the centerboard arrangement, blocks
and attachment points.   Good luck and enjoy!

Chris Geankoplis
'83 Enosis
St. Pete, FL (for now)