[Rhodes22-list] Swing keel help

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed Apr 13 21:53:40 EDT 2016

Robert,

The lack of transparent names is kind of unique to this list.  It’s not a feature, it’s a bug.

I hope you find the information about the centerboard that you need. It’s a topic that’s been discussed often in the past, so there’s lot’s of information in the archives.  (Though I can’t recall an instance of someone looking for advice on how to build one from scratch.) You can use google to search the archive, which I think Mike has pointed out recently, but I find the best way to search is to use Nabble.

You’re probably wondering what in the world Nabble is, and I have to admit that I’m not really sure. But, it holds an independent copy of the archives of this list. It probably doesn’t go back to the beginning of time, but most of it is in there.

To get to the Nabble archives, go here: http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com <http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/>

That will get you to a page that will show you the most recent messages. There’s a search box in the upper right hand corner.  If you click on that, a little pop-up will appear that will include a link to ‘Advanced Search’.  That will take you to a page that has some pretty sophisticated search options.

There have been times in the past when people would be pointed to the archives not just in an effort to be helpful, but as a way to say in effect ‘don’t bother us with questions that have already been asked and answered’.  That is not my intention.  The archives are there as a resource, but information is not always easy to find.  So don’t be afraid of throwing questions out to the list as well.

But people enjoy having some sense of who they’re talking to.  So if you’d be willing to share a bit about where you are, how you came to acquire a Rhodes 22, and what you plan to do with it, it would be generally appreciated.

Every Rhodes 22 kept in active use is a victory of sorts for every other Rhodes 22 owner.

Best of luck with your ‘new’ boat.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
No Boat Yet (but next week, according to the current plan)