[Rhodes22-list] More on LED Lights

PBR pbryanriley at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 15:02:23 EDT 2016

Joe, et. al.,
I took a look at my port side nav. light this morning.  If yours is like
mine (1989), then the 1157 bulb will not work in that fixture.  The 1157 is
a dual contact bulb with 2 filaments for brake plus tail lights.  Each of
the contact is a positive and the return/ground is through the metal base.
The bulbs in mine are a singe filament bulb with dual contacts in which one
contact is positive and the other negative, probably a 1004 equivalent.  It
does not use the metal base at all.

The 1156 is a single contact single filament bulb which uses the metal base
as the return like the 1157.  My interior lights are 1156.  The 1156 LED's
I bought at the auto parts store were a little too blue and seemed to
flicker a little, so were not suitable when I tried them inside my camper.
I will look for an 1156 equivalent that claims to be "warm" white light for
the interior of my Rhodes and camper.

Here is a you tube video with a good possible replacement for our side
lights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABIlBrCR1YE

Patrick Riley
Lakewood, CO