[Rhodes22-list] Sandusky

Alexander Cole colealexander at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 25 12:22:13 EDT 2016

Jerry, or others with Lake Erie launching experience:   My Kentucky Lake trip may be changed by T storms!!!   Time is blocked off the schedule, its too late to change dates now.   The boat is back on the hard, and loaded.   OK weather to drive / rig Friday and Monday, but T storms are predicted all weekend.     If its just rainy or scattered storms I'll hang by the marina and not travel much of the lake, but if its all day I'm kind of stuck.  I was looking at Sandusky bay as semi protected water for a backup destination (inland canoeing in Indiana between storms and a hotel as plan D for desperation).    Looking at google, I found East Harbor State Park's West harbor marina as a launch site, but that puts me directly into the lake proper.   Is there a good launch facility or marina in the bay itself that anybody has experience with?   I'm wiling to pay for a lift if needed.   The water will be COLD and I am not an expert heavy water sailor (more experience in a canoe with big waves to be honest).    Its hard to get time off, I'm desperately trying to salvage the 'vacation'.    I'm also looking to protect both Tamiko and the new boat.   I'm not eager to drive through Cleveland until I get a better feel for this mighty beast on a trailer.  Its now further forward, so the tongue weight is safer.  It seemed steady up to 60-65 mph, which may be about right for a heavy high boat behind an explorer?    But if the alternative is sitting at home, I'm open to other ideas for a three nights on the water, preferably with marina / restaurant options.    Somebody (I forget who) had plugged Cleveland Harbor behind the wall, so I'll watch their weather too.   Where did you launch? Alex ColeLark