[Rhodes22-list] Turnbuckles

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Fri Apr 29 16:50:57 EDT 2016

If you use nuts to lock the turnbuckle, one of the nuts on each turnbuckle
will have to have left handed threads. Meaning the nut turns counter
clockwise to thread onto the bolt.
I prefur to use cotter rings to lock the turnbuckles .  Think key rings,
only stainless steel and smaller.
You probably know this,but unless Your getting pounded by big wind or
wakes, you can remove any one turnbuckle at a time,safely.

Jerry

 I’ve got a question about the turnbuckles on my six shrouds.  Most of