[Rhodes22-list] Heaving To

kg4ezq jason_q at jasonquick.com
Sat Dec 24 15:42:04 EST 2016

Thanks guys, I'll give both a go. I've tried heaving to with varying degrees
of genoa out and haven't seen much difference, but I've never tried
experimenting with it to try to improve the angle, so I'll give that a go.

I'm curious as to what about the hull topside shape makes the boat behave
differently...

I have actually tried luffing the main, in fact since the boat easily heaves
to with headsail only I often heave to before dropping the main and sail the
last leg back to the marina under genoa only. However I must confess I
haven't tried experimenting with other things while the main is luffed.

--Jason