[Rhodes22-list] 130 Genoa vs the 175

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Feb 9 09:35:15 EST 2016

Scott - just seeing this now, so you may have made your decision. You're
facing a cruel dilemma which I know all too well - sailing vs. daughters
sunning on the bow. I have the 130 and find it impossible to bring it around
without seriously inconveniencing sunbathers - I can't imagine what it would
be like with the 175. I defer to sunbathers since they don't deign to join
me that often.

I sail under the same circumstances and love the 130  and find it very
versatile. If I'm solo and the wind builds I'll sail with just the 130
furled. It gets quite gusty on our lake, narrow (2-3 miles) and long,
surrounded by mountains. I've taken on water more than once. Quite exciting!

Jefferson
SV Patience
Lake Memphremagog, Quebec