[Rhodes22-list] 130 Genoa vs the 175

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Feb 9 19:50:53 EST 2016

I've got a 175, and when racing, my tack angles are about 110 degrees, if
that good.  I tried flying the 175 at about a 130, and running the jib
sheets inside the outer shrouds, but it improved point angle, but the sail
size/shape hurt performance.

I'm hoping to purchase a 130 this year to see if I can point higher, and
improve tacking.

I also found that with the 6 shrouds, tacking the 175 is quite frustrating
as it always gets hungup on the windward outer and front inner shroud.  I'm
going to put Plastic shroud covers on again (the ones that a previous owner
put on the boat were falling apart from sun damage).

- Curtis
s/v Ruck It