[Rhodes22-list] Wind speed

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Feb 25 19:32:23 EST 2016

All,
I have a proper hand held anemometer but it is in my boat which is buttoned up for the winter. I also use an iPhone app called "wind meter" that uses the iPhone mic.

They both give  a reasonable reading that seems to agree with local tree movement and wave movement, i.e. "Sea horses" (15 knots minimum)

I have not tried the app with the life proof case but will let you know if reminded at mid May .

It is nice to adjust your sails with some sort of measurement, but with furling main and jib, a continuous adjustment is possible.

Life is good thanks to Stan!

Down wind Joe

Sent from my iPhone