[Rhodes22-list] Smith Mountain Lake

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Jan 5 13:10:29 EST 2016

Paul,
I see Bob filled you in marinas and the sailing at Smith Mountain Lake.  While we've been to SML, it's a bit far from the house for us.  We sail at Claytor Lake.  The State Park does have slips available, but  I don't think any of them are set aside for transients.  That may change though as they are having problems renting them all out.  Our R22 is there along with Cary's and we're more than welcome to join us.  We could even arrange for you to borrow our boat when we're not using it.  Claytor is a much different lake than SML.  Smaller, less crowded, but still good sailing.  The worse part, though, are no pubs on the lake! - Rob Lowe