[Rhodes22-list] R-22 winter cover

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sat Jan 9 21:45:06 EST 2016

In a word, no. I made a beam out of 2 x4 s that runs between the bow and
stern rail, with a support post that drops down and rests on the mast
step. The beam gives the cover enough height to allow a good angle down,
and the bolt rope sewn inside the bottom of the cover, keeps it secured,
along with seven tie- downs, the cover can't ride up and loosen enough to
form pockets for water to pool. Snow is another story, but we haven't had
enough for me to be worried. The amishman that made it is at least second
generation canvas worker,training the third generation. When I dropped my
boat off there were three boats waiting their turn for a fitting, and four
waiting when I went to pick it up. I had him repair my pop- top
enclosure,make a new cover for my Bimini ,and sew up my wife's purse,so I
trusted him,and wasn't disappointed.

Jerry Lowe
S/ V Country Rhodes

Great price and it looks nice.  Any problem with water pooling near the