[Rhodes22-list] Chainplate access

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Jan 17 15:33:57 EST 2016

Rick:

I was in Mexico for a week and out of touch.
I think what you are doing is perfectly fine. I had misunderstood one of
your earlier messages.

Similarly, my message was unclear if it led anyone to think that I was
proposing that the stainless steel chain plate be bonded with epoxy. Epoxy
does not stick well to metals in most circumstances and stainless steel
begins to degrade in an oxygen free environment.

The separation of the core material from the deck and liner occurred on my
boat as well I used thickened epoxy in that case to try to fill the gaps as
best I could. That certainly stiffened the deck.

Graham

Graham Stewart
Agile. R22, 1976
Kingston Ontario Canada