[Rhodes22-list] Raymarine tiller pilot installation help

Christopher Cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Tue Jul 5 10:04:34 EDT 2016

I used my tiller pilot a fair amount when sailing out of Herrington Harbor on the Chesapeake Bay for day long trips across the bay for an overnight trip up the Wye River on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.  While I had the pilot connected to my Garmin fish finder I found it simpler to point the boat in the direction I want to travel and hit the autopilot button, use the +and - keys for minor adjustments and the manual button to cancel guidance.  The pilot also has an option for a remote control but that seems unnecessary given I am always just a few feet away from the pilot buttons.

I now sail on the Potomac river with lots of in town commercial and pleasure traffic and narrow deep water channels and only rely on the pilot for short legs and breaks.

Christopher P. Cowie