[Rhodes22-list] Triad Trailer brakes and adjustments

Richard Beytagh rbeytagh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 21:36:59 EDT 2016

Hi Talbot

Over the years I have delivered quite a few boats for Stan, including a
3000 mile trip from Edenton to Seattle. I have experienced a mishmash of
trailers including a single axle Traid, a double axle Traid and several
others. Mishaps included burnt-out bearings, shredded tires, broken bunks,
rusted brakes and unbalanced loads.

As a rule-of-thumb I always carry a spare set of bearings, a spare
tail-light wiring harness, spare tail-light bulbs, spare tire (or 2) and a
trailer jack. I usually load the boat with a space of about 8" to 10" from
the V-shaped cushion (it should not be right up against it) and I strap the
boat to the trailer with tie-downs. Its nice to have trailer brakes, but I
am equally comfortable without them....it's not a huge load.

Hope this helps

Richard Beytagh
Phone: 828 337 0180