[Rhodes22-list] Triad Trailer brakes and adjustments

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Fri Jun 17 10:44:17 EDT 2016

Talbot:

Just to be sure we are clear about this, when you retrieve the boat the
front brace (with the V cushion) should first be retracted all the way and
then returned to touch the bow of the boat only once it is hauled out. That
way you can winch the boat as far forward as possible while it is in the
water. Note that as the boat trailer comes up the ramp the back of the boat
drops as it comes out of the water and this put considerable strain on the
boat where the front struts on the trailer are ( the spot with the dents). I
pull the boat forward enough that it is stuck in place and then reduce the
tension of the winch so that the boat levels out normally as it comes up the
ramp.

Graham Stewart
Agile. R22, 1976
Kingston Ontario Canada