[Rhodes22-list] Triad Trailer brakes and adjustments

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Wed Jun 29 19:11:39 EDT 2016

Just for clarity in case I misunderstood the initial question, the trailer makes use of guide boards BESIDE the keel which serve to center the  boat on the trailer but as I understand it there is no support UNDER the keel. The roller at the front of the V shaped guides is intended to raise the centerboard when it is left down but does not take any of the boat's weight. I admit that it seems strange to leave the boat hanging on the bunks but there is nothing on the trailer to attach any keel support. And yes the hull does deform - at least my older vintage boats has.

I was straightened out on this point a few years back and long after my keel was damaged. I don't know that the support under the keel did the damage but I am suspicious of it.

If anyone has figured out how to avoid hull deformation I would like to know about it. I see it particularly on the starboard side over the forward strut. Has anyone tried to reinforce the hull with additional layers of fibreglass?

Graham Stewart
Agile. R22, 1976
Kingston Ontario Canada