[Rhodes22-list] Bottom Cleaning miracle

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Mar 7 16:32:26 EST 2016

I'm not sure if you are like me, but I put off the hard jobs on my Rhodes as
long as possible. Cleaning the bottom is one of them.

I sail my boat mostly in fresh water so I don't bother to anti-foul, but I
had my boat in a lake for about 6 months last year and it built up a nasty
layer of green which is just about impossible to remove. I tried pressure
wash, bleach, scrubbing, but nothing seemed to get it back to the pristine
polished white gel-coat.

However, I discovered an old bottle of MaryKate On&Off Hull and bottom
cleaner on my other boat and I thought I give it a try on the Rhodes. It
sure does the job - with very little effort, just brushing it on and
spraying it off with fresh water, my hull was back to way it looked when it
popped out of the mold at General Boats.

It's pretty toxic stuff so make sure you're wearing protective clothing and
cover your trailer, but it sure makes chore of bottom cleaning a breeze.

No, I am not an agent for this stuff, but I am always enthusiastic about
something that makes life easier

After Pic:
<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/n51627/IMG_20160307_154808105.jpg>

-----