[Rhodes22-list] Mast Running Light

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sat Mar 12 19:35:49 EST 2016

Thanks, Peter. At least I have some reason to be confused.

Since there is NO A/C power on this boat and the age of the craft I am
guessing the yellow is used as negative and the black
was used as positive.  I am changing to LED bulbs which are also bayonet
style. So I can just flip the bulbs if need be. I was hoping an ole Rhodie
may have a history with the older Rhodes and faced this problem.

I have some ANCHOR marine grade wire 16/2 and this is yellow and red. The
label on the spool noted the yellow is negative
and the red is positive so as not to confuse people with A/C wiring
colors.

I did notice the red and black wire in the mast were different size wires.
The red seemed to be about a #12 and the black was about
a #14. Was this overkill for a 25 watt bulb, running about 25 feet of wire?

Thanks,

Cary Tolbert
S/V Whisper '86
Radford,VA