[Rhodes22-list] Mast Running Light

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sat Mar 12 22:07:19 EST 2016

Jerry, thanks for the info. I have a multi-meter that I use to check my 2
batteries after I charge them for the season.
Normally when newly charged, they start of the season reading 13.?V. and I
use about 15% over the season and still rate at 12V.
This is with a motor with electric start and electric lift.
I have changed every thing but the mast light to LED. I sail on the local
lake so no saltwater to corrode metal contacts.
My favorite change has been the cabin lights. I have 3 lights , 1 galley
and 1 head (with white/red lights) and a cabin directional
light for reading (very strong). We have a local sailing club, who have
overnight raft ups. People are amazed at my lack of concern
of light use and not drawing down the batteries, not to mention the lack of
heat generated. I strongly recommend the change over to LED lighting on
boats. Dr. LED has LED bulbs very reasonably price. I think they come from
Taiwan.

Cary Tolbert