[Rhodes22-list] New Teak

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Wed May 4 13:37:01 EDT 2016

Richard,

Blue Heron was built in '93, but the teak is mostly new.  Actually, it is a
wood-epoxy composite called PlasTeak.  I replaced the hatch cover with
PlasTeak a few years ago and since it held up so well, I replaced
everything else this year.

My cockpit seats are stiffened.  But even before doing that, I don't recall
the teak trim creaking.  Perhaps PlasTeak would be more quiet.

Rick