[Rhodes22-list] Change to diamond shaped CB?

Olivier Hecht ohecht at earthlink.net
Sun May 8 00:44:31 EDT 2016

I'm still looking for my first Rhodes, and have some CB related questions:

What year was the change from the CB shaped like the rudder to the diamond shape?

Is the newer design sometimes retrofitted during the factory recycling process?

I realize the new design has some advantages with the direct pull pendant and surface area vs frontal area ratio, but how much of a difference have owners who've experienced both designs really noticed?

Thanks,

Olivier