[Rhodes22-list] C-Head Installation Video

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Sat May 21 21:24:57 EDT 2016

Over the course of the long winter, while researching every topic I could think of related to owning a Rhodes 22, I became interested in marine composting toilets.  The brands that are most commonly mentioned are Air Head and Natures Head.  These units are quite similar in design, and both are about 21” tall.  According to the archives, Stan did manage to fit one of these into a Rhodes 22 at some point, but when I brought up the subject during our visit to GB last November, he pretty firmly discouraged me from going that route.

Later I discovered a third brand in this market, the C-Head.  The design of this unit is different in several respects, and a variety of models are offered, including a recently introduced ‘shorty’ model, which is only 15” tall.  That was still too tall for the space available as the boat came to me, but I discovered that with some work the head floor could be lowered 3” to the same level as the main cabin floor. So that’s what I did.

For those interested, I made a YouTube video documenting the process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emRUfhEmXfE <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emRUfhEmXfE>

I’m having fun with my R22.  I understand that they can be even more fun if you put them in the water.  I should try that soon.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels