[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard cap reattach

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 22:16:39 EDT 2017

Hello Rhodies:
     I removed my CB and fixed a problem with it jamming. Time to put it all back together, and some issues concern me. Nothing on the list seems to ease my woes.
     I assume that all boats have a long rubber gasket between the cap and the housing.  There was no sealant on it when I removed the beast.  Now, I am not sure if I should add some 3M 4200 sealant or reinstall the thing dry and go with the Stan Spitzer "dry" wisdom, only to discover that I should have sealed it up before splashing.

     Does anyone have a pointer I can follow?   Thanks y'all.
Joe Camp
s/v John Dawson
Bohemia River, MD