[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard cap reattach

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 29 14:51:28 EDT 2017

Gary & Graham:
     Thanks for this worldly and simple advice.  I will follow it and leave the sole open to detect any leaks. If they are small enough, the bilge pump should handle them till I get back to her. Mostly I will follow the tightening advice, because (in the words of Cap'n Ron) "...boat's like a woman; responds to touch,"  I could get dirty here, in fact some sludge talk is almost demanded by the standards of the old cop I used to be; but retirement has softened me a great deal.  However, just so you know, I am getting aroused thinking about what I would have said.  The word you're looking for is probably "ribald." Now, I'm an English professor.  We are not allowed to think dirty, but we do.  I can even tell you the origins of the "F" word. Though I am not allowed to use it regularly.  ttfn
Joe Camp
s/v John Dawson
Bohemia River, MD