[Rhodes22-list] Boom pin

John Waldhausen waldjh1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 16:08:29 EST 2017

Dear all,
I have a 2012 Rhodes and have found on several occasions that the pin that holds the boom in place on the mast has come out and caused the boom to drop (once at an inopportune time when I was trying to get out of the way of a race in progress). I usually single had the boat and in a low wind its not a problem as I can just just push the boom back up and the pin locks into place again, but in a higher wind (above 15 knots, the force is considerable and its challenging alone). Have any of you dealt with this issue and if so what have you done about it?
John
Bainbridge Island