[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit Waterproofing response to Mike

Jay Curry jac2 at wavecable.com
Mon Feb 20 17:28:10 EST 2017

Thanks Gary:

I assume by cockpit cap top edges that you mean the top edges of the floor
pan under the seats.  What has been your experience after sealing with
changes in venting the cabin? Here, moss and mold are a constant problem.
Even the summers are cool with 60 degrees common on the water even
in June. In the winter we can go a month or more without seeing the sun.
Venting is critical. I was thinking about sealing the top edges and putting
closeable vents in the sides under the seats to allow air flow when
docked or under sail in good weather.