[Rhodes22-list] Boom pin

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Tue Feb 21 18:15:02 EST 2017

Hi John,

On a windy day you might want to try lowering the boom just to
experience the difference. It's not so much decreasing the wind speed as
it is decreasing the pressure - think of it as a lever and you are
moving the pressure point closer to the fulcrum. Yes you can get
somewhat the same effect by furling the sail but it is different.

Mary Lou
ex Rhodes 22
now Rosborough RF-246
(a mini trawler)