[Rhodes22-list] Wiring Diagram Stringers diagram

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Sun Jul 2 18:25:01 EDT 2017

The stringer diagram is not reflective of all Rhodes - at least not ancient
boats like mine (76). In the diagram the outer stringers go past the main
bulkhead to the forward bulkhead while in my case they stop at the main
bulkhead. Having the stringers extend forward is a very good idea as I
suspect it stiffens the hull considerably over the forward struts of the
trailer - a place where older boats often deform. I considered adopting this
structure when I rebuilt Agile be because the hull had already deformed I
was reluctant to lock it in that position. On my boat there was no bulkhead
aft of the flotation foam so I added one for a variety of reasons including
the desire to stiffen the forward portion of the boat but also because I
wanted something secure to attach shelves for the holding tank and battery
that I placed in that space.

Graham Stewart
Agile. R22, 1976
Kingston Ontario Canada