[Rhodes22-list] Eastern Shore MD Very nice, well equipped Rhodes 22 for sale

thebooker bridges.brooks at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 17:01:40 EDT 2017

A recent 4-day cruise revealed that clearly, I'm no longer a Spring chicken;
more like a late Fall, stringy, bony, slow moving chicken.

So, after several years of getting boat just the way I wanted her, I'm
selling.  Any thoughts on improvements or corrections will be appreciated.

This forum has been much appreciated over the few years I've been a Rhodie.

For full ad, go to
  https://easternshore.craigslist.org/boa/6195826761.html

Here's the short version, mainly for those unfamiliar with Rhodes:

$14,500 with 3HP Torqeedo,  $12,800 without.

The Rhodes 22 is a versatile, self righting*, unsinkable**, and trailerable
keelboat.
  *    A 700 lb stub keel (no water ballast)  prevents going “bottoms up”.
  ** The built in flotation will keep a Rhodes filled with water from
sinking.

This attractive Rhodes 22 was built in 1986 and refurbished at the General
Boats (GB) factory in 2006. “Refurbished” means GB restored the boat to near
new condition and added or updated various components. It is unusually well
equipped with a chart plotter, depth meter, autopilot, bimini, motor lift,
solar panels, two opening hatches, and more. Cambridge, MD

It has been produced for well over 30 years by GB and was designed by Philip
Rhodes. There is a very active and supportive user group:
http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/

Daysailing: The owner can leave their slip as quickly and easily as any
powerboat and then deploy both the in-mast furling main and the furling jib
and be sailing in a couple of minutes. When returning, the main can be
furled into the mast in seconds; no flaking or sail cover to deal with.

Cruising: Its compact cabin, headroom expanding pop-top, two opening
hatches, sink with running water, multiple beds and enclosed toilet allow
overnights and extended cruises.

Trailering: The Triad trailer, designed specifically for the Rhodes 22,
allows cruises far from home. A horizontal V pushes centerboard and boat to
center of trailer as it moves forward. So, like a motor boat, you can
approach at low speed with CB down and ride up onto the trailer; little or
no winching. The tongue can be extended as much as 8' for unusually shallow
ramps.

The mast raising/lowering system includes a winch and “crane” and is easily
done by one person.

http://easternshore.craigslist.org/boa/6195826761.html

-----
Brooks Bridges