[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 Inner Mast Furling outhaul part ?

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Sat Jul 15 12:27:49 EDT 2017

John,

I assume the piece in the picture is broken (why else would you be looking for a replacement?).  The only place you’re going to find an exact replacement for that is Stan.  Last we heard here on the list, Stan was still in the parts business, at least for people he likes (people who bought boats directly from him, or hold a Certificate of Support, or are long time owners).  So, that avenue is worth a try.

Aside from that I think what you're looking for is called a ‘boom outhaul car’ or something similar.  Specifically, you want one made to slide in a boom boltrope groove.  Here’s a page that show’s a bunch of them: http://www.rigrite.com/Spars/SparParts/Outhaul_slides_integral.php <http://www.rigrite.com/Spars/SparParts/Outhaul_slides_integral.php>. I’m not sure if there’s enough information there to be sure that one of those cars would fit our boom, but if not you could always give them a call.

Let us know how your quest works out.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)