[Rhodes22-list] Ethanol problems

Gil Eaton gjeaton at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 21:08:01 EDT 2017

Hi Susan,
I also have a 6 hp Nissan and a 9.8 hp Tohatsu.   To clean out the idle
jet, remove a really tiny screw on top of the carb and clean the jet hole
with a really small wire (about the wire size of bread ties). This really
worked for me.  To help keep the gas good, do not use it after 2 seasons (1
season is probably better).  I also use Valvtect gas treatment, recommended
by Practical Sailor.  I keep the hose in a sealed plastic bag after use.
Always tighten the vent and gas cap to prevent moisture after use.  I think
we are all hoping for Isobutanol gas real soon.  It might be available in
Annapolis at the Annapolis Yacht Club, they have Gulf marine gas and might
have converted a tank. (2 Compromise Street,Annapolis, MD 21401
 Gil
Formerly S/V Closing Time