[Rhodes22-list] Ethanol problems

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 10:46:37 EDT 2017

Goodness,

Many inhabitants of The Swamp are there because they endorsed the ethanol
mandate, including the President.  Part of the mandate is to push adding
ethanol as far upstream in the distribution flow as possible, right to the
refinery.  So if the supply of ethanol becomes large enough, there won't be
a choice.

Ethanol cleans.  In fact, some additives for high performance applications
have included ethanol for years.

The problem with ethanol in the marine environment is that it absorbs
water.  If the fuel sits long enough, the water separates.  Recreational
boats sit idle most of the time, as well as weed whackers and lawn mowers.
So use an ethanol compatible additive that keeps the water in suspension.

Rick