[Rhodes22-list] Center board jammed

Richard Stott ric at stottarchitecture.com
Mon Jun 26 09:40:43 EDT 2017

Two ways to do this.
1. get a 3/16 metal rod or something similar and poke it down the CB lift line channel.
I have had some luck with this but not always.
2. Put on your mask and snorkel and dive under the boat. I have been able to all it down by had, but once had to use a big screwdriver to pry it down from the stern end.
I keep the boat on a shallow morning and sometimes, at a very low tide, the keel is on the bottom and a small stone gets caught between the CB and the CB trunk. A barnacle can so the same thing.
Ric
s/v Dadventure
Hampton Bays, NY