[Rhodes22-list] SAILING TO ITALY

daysails at aol.com daysails at aol.com
Thu Jun 29 03:46:58 EDT 2017

Hi Chris,

I have been in the Philippines for the past three months island hopping part of the time.  Seven thousand islands and no boat!  I am pleasantly surprised at the relatively inexpensive cost of shipping the boat.  I could pay (but won't!) that much for a week stay in a 5 star hotel on Boracay.  I rent a small outrigger, Funnysong, that has none of the bells and whistles found on my Rhodes 22.   In high winds, it is almost impossible to tack so I land on the nearest island and turn the boat in the new direction.  If I had Second Wind here, the tropical dream would be complete.  I look forward to reading of your continuing adventures.  Joe Riley s/v Second Wind,  Lake Hartwell SC (usually)