[Rhodes22-list] furling tube problem

rweiss rweiss at siu.edu
Tue Mar 28 19:35:13 EDT 2017

I have a 175% Genoa that I took off for the winter. When I went to put it on
today, I was unable to pull it all the way up because part of the plastic
furling tube that is secured with screws is warped and pulled apart in two
places. The lower one (pictured)  is not a problem and the sail gets by it,
but one a little farther up has a lower piece pulled away, so the sail
doesn't stay in the slot and sticks there. I'll attach a photo which is of
the lower piece since that is the only one I could get a decent shot of. if
you picture the same kind of problem but with the bottom side sticking out,
that is where my problem is. So, I guess I plan to take the mast down this
weekend and try to repair the furling tube. Anyone else had this problem? Is
there something I should do beside try to replace the screw that has
obviously pulled out? Would it help to try to glue something on the side to
hold the warped piece in place? If so, do you have any suggestions for kind
of glue to use?
Bob

  <http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/n52969/IMG_1404.jpg>

-----