[Rhodes22-list] Time to let it go?

Richard Beytagh rbeytagh at gmail.com
Tue May 2 17:50:32 EDT 2017

Hi Jason...I brought my 1984 R22 back from the brink with a lot less work
than you seem to have. The total cost to me was about $3500 and  it took me
about a year to get it completed. I have not regretted it one bit and I
have enjoyed the boat summer and winter for 3 years now.

The problems on your boat seem to be pretty dire with the main concerns
being the hull to deck joint and the missing bulkheads. Without going into
a lot of detail I would guess your are looking at  least $7000 worth of
material and over a year of out-of-the water labor. At the end of the
project you will have a 42 year old boat and unless you can work miracles,
a boat that is probably only worth $2000 if your lucky.

I am sure many will disagree, but there is a finite life-span to any boat
and my advise would be to save your time and money and find yourself a
younger Rhodes 22 and be back on the water for summer.

Cheers

Richard Beytagh
Phone: 828 337 0180