[Rhodes22-list] Stern drain hoses

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Sun May 21 10:26:46 EDT 2017

If you decide to enlarge the drain hoses make sure the new larger fitting
can be installed into the cockpit easily. In my case the cockpit fitting was
installed in a drain area that was depressed to collect water. Unlarging the
hole might not allow for the larger thru-hull fitting. In my case I was
doing fairly major repair to the deck anyway so I filled the depression and
created an opening that allowed me to install flush mounted "scabbards". I
did the same for the cockpit floor drain. I found that the mushroom capped
thru-hulls never allow all the water to drain out and that pools leaves
stains.
I have attached picture of what I did. This would be overkill in most
situation and require that the whole cockpit be repainted if appearance is a
priority but in the end I liked the results and others might be interested.

Graham Stewart
Agile. R22, 1976
Kingston Ontario Canada