[Rhodes22-list] Beginning of the End - Parts

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon May 29 18:36:01 EDT 2017

I agree that with the existence of the Rhodes 22 Community, we should be able to help each other to find replacement parts or fabricate them. I will continue to support the Rhodes22.org mailing list as long as possible to permit us to maintain communication.

As of April 1, 2017, we completed the first year of Amazon Web Services' "free" hosting program.  I think that the experience with AWS has been very positive.  We experienced no outages and have virtually limitless storage.  It doesn’t make sense to build a private web server to host this kind of list.

For the past two months the costs have averaged $13-$14 per month.  I think that it is a reasonable cost, considering the benefits.  The time to monitor and keep the list relatively spam free is down to ten minutes per day, most of the time.  If anyone is interested in getting involved, please let me know.  I would not like the survival of the community communication network to depend on a single individual.  Funny how easy it gets to think that way as the years go by.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass  ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY