[Rhodes22-list] Line

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 4 20:40:55 EDT 2017

Cary:
     Hi.  The control lines on the IMF are 1/4 inch.  I like double core, something with low stretch but good flexibility.  If you go to West Marine on the page for rope, they have a link to a page that lists a variety of line types and sizes.  They also have a chart that tells which ones fit which applications. The topping lift line can be the same stuff, maybe a different color.  Here's a link.
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/new-england-ropes--spool-of-white-sta-set-polyester-yacht-braid-price-per-foot--P000183772?recordNum=15
Go down on the page, right before customer reviews and open the blue letters "selecting line for running rigging" which offer help on selecting line.  The same line will work on topping lift I(supports your boom).
ttfn!

Joe Camp
s/v John Dawson
currently on the hard in Horsham (PA).