[Rhodes22-list] Outhaul car binding

Thomas s talmorin at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 5 11:24:30 EST 2017

I have started having some trouble unfurling the main, even in very light wind conditions.

A little investigation leads me to think the outhaul car is binding. It seems to bite down a little as it is pulled to stern.

I ran a rag through the slot in the boom a few times in an attempt to clean it. There was not a lot there, and it did not seem to make a lot of difference.

Is this something that others regularly lubricate? If so, just a silicon spray, or some other lubricant?

Other possible causes?

Thanks all,

Tom

S/V JustBent