[Rhodes22-list] Trailer questions

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 09:48:48 EST 2017

My two cents…

For short, infrequent hauls, it’s better not to have brakes because they just rust and freeze up.  I don’t know about the NY State requirements but if there’s a way around them I’d opt for no brakes.

When I pulled my trailer out of its summer storage spot to pull the boat last week, I had to drag the trailer across the boatyard for 15-20 feet before the wheels would turn.  When I put the boat back in the water in the spring I think the trailer will be due for a thorough check-up.  Open to words of wisdom from the list on anything I should be doing sooner.

Thanks,

Dave B
s/v Sea Cloud, Old Greenwich, CT