[Rhodes22-list] rigging my Rhodes

Richard Stott ric at stottarchitecture.com
Tue Oct 24 15:05:20 EDT 2017

Graham
I didn’t need to make any changes to the backstays. They had a swage on each side that held a small piece of 1/8” cable for the turning blocks on the old rope style traveller.
The swages prevent the traveler from sliding skyward.
I simply added the new attachments I had machined, slipped the new traveler bar into them and drilled a new hole in the attachment using the holes provided in the traveler bar as guides.
I still have a set of connectors that I think I offered you once.
I have attached a drawing of the Delrin fabrication and a photo of the finished installation.
Note:
The hole size for the backstay is incorrect - the fabricator knew exactly what to do, but I think it is one drill some smaller than the the backstay did.
It works beautifully - I can pull the tethered pin and swing either side of the traveler  out of the way of the stern ladder (so my wife can climb aboard from our beach) or to work on the motor, or remove the whole thing quickly.
Ric
sv Dadventure
Hampton Bays