[Rhodes22-list] IMF Main Removal

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Mon Oct 30 16:19:11 EDT 2017

Well, this is timely.  Just yesterday I posted a video on YouTube about how I went about replacing the furling line for my IMF mainsail.  It doesn’t show how the the sail is attached, but it does show how to access the furling mechanism by pulling the whole mainsail assembly out of the bottom of the mast.  To access the whole sail, you would just keep pulling.  I’m pretty sure the sail is attached to the inner tube with screws.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH7hYJnoNpM

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)