[Rhodes22-list] Leaking CB pin - Old CB style

S/V Lark Colealexander at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 10 11:42:46 EDT 2017

Could you explain the drains you installed?

I will say the advantage of a builder that refits his own boats is at least
you can get to stuff.   I pulled everything but the centerboard cap this
week to unplug the pennant tube, which had a gelatinous mass of rotting
birds nest that a snake could pass through but not water.     I took the
opportunity to install a bilge pump, which pumps the water into the cockpit
via the chase under the seats.    There is very little lift required.  It
took 8 feet of hose and some plastic elbows at the termination.    At least
I'll be able to tell if the pump is running under sail.
Alex

-----
Alex Cole
S/V Lark