[Rhodes22-list] Fix for Incomplete IMF Furling

Shawn Boles shawn.sustain at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 23:48:36 EDT 2017

Very helpful. I have this problem as a result of having to replace my
outhaul car. I will try your solution this winter.

Cheers,

Shawn
s/v Sweet Baboo

On Sep 15, 2017 8:32 PM, "CPBoyce" <cp.boyce at comcast.net> wrote:

When a shortage of wraps on the furling tube is an issue, here is what I
did.
Remove the plastic stop from the furling line, tape a length of string to it
and pull it through the boom. Untape the string from the line and secure it
so it doesn't retreat back through the boom. Take a large zip tie and force
the large end  into a tight coil. When released it will form a curved tool,
which you insert behind the roller tube, grabbing the large end as it
reappears. Tape the bitter end of the furling line to it and pull the zip
tie back, thereby adding one wrap. Repeat as necessary, then tape the bitter
end once more to the string, pull the sting and attached line back through
the boom and reattach the plastic stop. For me, three wraps solved a problem
of three inches of mainsail not furling.