[Rhodes22-list] Question about batteries

Susan Crane scranevmd at verizon.net
Sat Apr 21 12:35:15 EDT 2018

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rhodes22-list [mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of
joseph doucet
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2018 10:20 AM
To: Art Czerwonky; The Rhodes 22 Email List
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Question about batteries

In my experience one can expect 5 - 6 years from a well maintained battery.
By well maintained I mean it is always charged after use and fluid levels
are kept at the correct level by adding distilled water occasionally

Joe Doucet
203-512-5629

<rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> wrote:

> Susan,Wal-Mary, among others, should be willing to do a free test.  Their
5 year battery is a good replacement choice, even though not a "marine
battery".  I have never seen a need for the more expensive battery in our
LED world.  Best,Art Czerwonkys/v MaryJane

> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
>  On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 9:39 AM, Susan Crane<scranevmd at verizon.net>
wrote:   How often should marine batteries be replaced?  I have had my boat
for 3 1/2
> years and don't know how old the batteries were when I bought it.  Can
they
> be tested or should I just think about replacing them this year?  I
> certainly don't want to wait for a battery failure since my outboard is
> electric start and I am installing an auto tiller this year as well.
Thanks

to http://www.rhodes22.org/list
to http://www.rhodes22.org/list