[Rhodes22-list] Tiller mayhem

S/V Lark Colealexander at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 1 18:39:15 EDT 2018

Thanks Stan,   The new fiberglass masterpeace arrived.   I’ll send back the
unused spare, it came Monday.   The Enosis style spare worked in winds of
10-20 Friday, and will be part of my kit for cruises.   I steadily lost
winds over the remainer of the weekend, so I dinghy sailed Saturday and
cleaned house Sunday.     I appreciate you guys keeping me on the water.

In full disclosure, I found my rudder was pulled a tad forward of plumb when
I relaunched after Erie, I don’t know about prior times.   I adjusted it by
eye.  The wheel barrow handle and the fiberglass one both felt similar
sailing, my hand wasn’t sensitive enough to feel a clear difference in
pressure.    Gusting is so random I’m not sure if it rounded up less often.

-----
Alex Cole
S/V Lark